How to add a custom domain to your project
Document360 gives you the option to “map” your existing domain to your documentation website. You may prefer to keep your domain name at different providers for branding and trust purposes. You can map a sub-domain of your domain (Example: docs.mycompanyname.com or support.mycompanyname.com) to the default Document360 project address.
To add a custom domain in Document360, follow the steps shown below
- Navigate to Settings. Select the Custom Domain option from the left menu.
- Enter the custom domain URL in the space provided (e.g., docs.acme.com)
- As you type the custom domain URL, you will see the information that should be provided to set up a CNAME for your website (on the registrar website).
- After adding the CNAME record, click on the “Verify” button.
- If the CNAME mapping updates in the DNS Servers, you will receive a “Successfully verified” notification. Otherwise, you may have to wait until the TTL (Time to Live) expires. When the verification is successful – the “Save” button will be enabled. Click on the “Save” button.
- That’s all, we take care of the rest! The last step will initiate a process in the background to map your custom domain to your Document360 project and generate an SSL Certificate on the fly.
Check out Document360 today and make sure your documentation is up to date and has the correct branding and custom domain for your customers!